Address

Mailing Address:
Elder Gabriel George
Peru Cusco Mission
Av. de la Cultura 2417
Frente de Urb. Santa Ursula
Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Peru

E-mail
gabriel.george@myldsmail.net



Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Testimony that Made Our Elder George Giggle! Too Cute!!

March 30, 2015

I´m old.  That's all I can really think to say right now.  I really don´t feel any different but I feel a little different.  I 'm not making any sense, but that's okay.  It is weird to think that I have been on this earth for 19 whole years.  That's a pretty long time.  I have been thinking a lot about how I have used these 19 years, and maybe, I didn't live up to my potential for those 19 years.  I have made a vow to myself that I will be better tomorrow than I was the day before.  If I can do that I think that I could be a pretty cool, good, and handsome dude!! ;)  But really, I do want to be better tomorrow than I am today!!

This week was pretty good.  One really funny thing happened during church yesterday.  It was fast and testimony meeting and as usual, we had to go first or nobody would have gone up there.  So I went first and my compy after me.  It was really spiritual.  Then one of my favorite little primary girls got up and said, "I know that the church is true.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  Some people say that the Mormons are dumb or stupid.  But they are just a bunch of liars.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."  That was her testimony.  It was soooo funny and really cute.  She is 8 years old and has a pretty dang good testimony if you ask me.

Anyways, we are working really hard with a few investigators in our little ward and little branch, well, they are growing really fast.  We have so much work that needs to be done here.  The missionaries before us lost the trust of a lot of the members and we are working to gain that trust back.  And they are helping us in this great work.  They are learning that it is the work of the members with the help of us and not our work with their help.  They are learning that we leave, and that if a recent convert´s only friends are the missionaries they will most likely not be a very active person for very long.

Anyhow, I love being a missionary and love teaching the gospel.  It really is a fun "job."  I don`t have a lot of time this week, so sorry for the lame email.  It will be better next week I promise!!

Love Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment