Address

Mailing Address:
Elder Gabriel George
Peru Cusco Mission
Av. de la Cultura 2417
Frente de Urb. Santa Ursula
Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Peru

E-mail
gabriel.george@myldsmail.net



Saturday, March 14, 2015

Hard Week - Passed Out and Conked My Head

March 9, 2014

In all reality this was one of the hardest weeks of my mission.  These are the kinds of weeks that you have to work harder than you have ever worked in your life.  Give the Lord EVERYTHING that you can possibly give.  Work so hard that you just lay down at 10:30 and think that you are going to die.  The days where you just have to think, while standing in the street, "All I have to do is put one foot in font of the other so that I don´t just sit on this curb and cry."

Anyway, in Puno, everything is calm.....  Calm, in the sense of, I am in Peru and everything is a little more crazy than America. We are always talking to dunks and that is a new thing for me.  Well, it isn't that new, I have been here for 5 months, but it is still a little weird.  Their Spanish is just different that "normal" Spanish.

So I have been reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and I got to a part that I love more than any other part of the Book of Mormon.  It is Alma 26.  Go read it.  The whole chapter!!

This week, the 3 district leaders in our zone, had a meeting with the Zone Leaders, and we just talked.  I have been having a really hard time with 2 elders in my district.  They are not super obedient.  I have been praying to know what to do.  The zone leaders explained that we are responsible for our districts and the elders and sisters in them.  It is weird how inspiration and revelation work.  It just comes.  I have also been thinking really hard about what I can do to help the district be more excited about the work.  Our number have been really low the past 2 weeks and tonight in district meeting I just don´t know what to talk about.  If you have any suggestions hit me with them.

This week, something kind of funny/kind of bad happened.  A lady in our branch needed a blessing and she called us so we zipped on over there to give her the blessing.  She doesn't have anything too bad, just wanted a blessing so that she could feel well enough to go to work today.  She asked me to give her the blessing.  It would be my first blessing in Spanish.  A little  scary for me at the time.  Everything was going good when I passed out.  I am 99.9999999999999% sure that I just had my knees locked.  She was just laughing when I woke up.  My companion was right there with her.  The first question they asked my was, "Are you ok?"  Really a dumb question.  "No, my head hurts really bad."  Haha, I just fell flat on my back.  I am all good now.  Looking back now it was something to lighten up my week.

Well that is just about it!!  LOVE YOU ALL!!

Elder George
Elders Garcia and George - He didn't tell me who this family is but I love them because they are taking care of my boy.
The picture makes me happy because he looks happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment