Address

Mailing Address:
Elder Gabriel George
Peru Cusco Mission
Av. de la Cultura 2417
Frente de Urb. Santa Ursula
Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Peru

E-mail
gabriel.george@myldsmail.net



Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Staying in ♥PUNO♥ & My Companion Really Can "Hear the Music!!"

April 6, 2015

TRANSFERS, TRANSFERS, TRANSFERS, TRANSFERS.  And I don´t have a transfer!!!!!!  Haha! But really I am staying here in Puno with Elder Garcia for one more transfer!!  I am actually pretty happy about that.  I really didn't want to go.  I have just about 6 months in Puno and the time has gone by soooo fast!  I really cannot believe it.  The sisters that came with us into the mission go home in less that one year!?!?  One of the sisters was talking to me and telling me how sad she is.  I really am not sad at all I have 18ish months to share this message with people.  It really is a blessing.  I think the only way that I could be sad was if I had regrets.  I can honestly say that I have no regrets!  I have worked as hard as I possibly could for the time that I have had.

Anyway, this week was a tough week here in Puno.  It is called Holy Week.  It is a time when everybody celebrates the death of Jesus Christ.  Like, you can't eat certain foods or your sins won´t be forgiven you.  Yeah, we ate chicken when we weren't supposed to.  We are rebels, I know.  I always liked to live on the edge.  Lots of people traveled this week so pretty much no one was home!  It was a hard week but we didn't care.  Elder Garcia is a really awesome missionary.  He knows what to say and when to say it.  He really can "hear the music". Reference to LDS General Conference - - https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/the-music-of-the-gospel?lang=eng  This had to be a favorite for all those who listened to that conference!!!  I have been trying to learn that from him.  How I can listen to the spirit better.  How I can listen to the spirit in lessons, in study time, and just when I am walking in the street?  I am going to work on that.

This week we met a girl that is studying at the University here, and her name is Yashira.  She is an investigator that every one wants.  She came to General Conference before we even had a lesson with her.  We have a lesson with her tomorrow and will invite her to be baptized with a date.  That is something really important that I have learned; inviting during the first visit.  It really is so important.  It is an act of faith.  Really every thing we do is a act of faith.  Especially EVERYTHING that we do that is related to the gospel.  Being sealed in the temple is an act of faith.  Baptism is an act of faith. Going on a mission is an act of faith.  Faith is so important in our lives.  Without the faith of a 14 year old boy we don't have the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.  I look everyday for something that can strengthen my faith.

Anyhow family and friends I love you and can feel your support and love here in Puno.  Know that I pray and love you too!

Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment