Address

Mailing Address:
Elder Gabriel George
Peru Cusco Mission
Av. de la Cultura 2417
Frente de Urb. Santa Ursula
Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Peru

E-mail
gabriel.george@myldsmail.net



Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Becoming, Goals, and A 5 Year Mission

March 16, 2014

What is new?  Not too much.  Lots of weeks feel the same, but then, when I really look back, I can see the changes.  I can see the changes for the better.  I can see the blessings.  I can see the Lord's hand, and most importantly, I can see the miracles of the Lord in my life.  I can see my testimony growing and changing.  I can see myself becoming a "different" person.  Before the mission I really didn't want to change.  I didn't want to be a different person when I came home.  In reality, I am still the goofy, silly, wild Elder George - - but a much better Elder George.  When you give your life or maybe just two years of your life to the Lord He know how to make you a better person.

This week was a really good week.  We have 4 Normas de Excelencia (Standards of Exellence - goals set by the mission president for the mission).

1% attendance impovement every month
12 Familias contacted in the streets
20 referencias
3 new familias taught every week
and 1.1 baptismos every transfer

(Sure am glad those Spanish words are so close to the English words.)

These are actually pretty big number that we are talking about.  If we could fulfill all of these, that means that you are like, well, the "perfect" missionary.  We are really trying to comply with all of these and it is harder than you think.  We will continue to try to be as good of missionaries as we can be.

We taught 4 new people yesterday.  It was a really, really, good day.  We taught a guy named Richard.  He is with the police and that makes things a little more complicated.  He works a lot but was able to come to church yesterday.  Yesterday was all about missionary work.  We, the missionaries, give talks every 3rd Sunday.  My companion gave a really good talk an the blessings of a mission.  I talked about how we can apply the gospel of Jesus Christ to our lives after baptism.  One thing that I have learned in the mission is the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Anyway, before our lesson with Richard, he told us that we needed to sit down because we were going to be surprised at what he was going to say.  He proceeded to tell us that he was thinking about withdrawing from the police to go on a mission.  He was right we were surprised.  He isn't a member and he really doesn't know that much about us and he wants to withdraw and go on a mission.  This is a big decision in life.  We proceeded to explain a little bit more about the mission.  He asked if there was a option of how long because he wanted to serve a 5 year mission.  We explained a little more and he is very content about the whole thing.  He told us that he was going to make time each Sunday to go to church.  It is really amazing the power that the Sacrament has,the change it has on the hearts of the children of men,, and the faith shown by those who love Jesus.

I love you all and hope that you are having a good week.  Keep reading your scriptures and know that I am praying for you!

Love Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment