Address

Mailing Address:
Elder Gabriel George
Peru Cusco Mission
Av. de la Cultura 2417
Frente de Urb. Santa Ursula
Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Peru

E-mail
gabriel.george@myldsmail.net



Tuesday, July 28, 2015

"Neighbors, My Pig Laid an Egg!"

July 27, 2015

Howdy!!!

Hello friends and family!!  How are you all?  I sure do miss you but things really are getting better here in Peru!!  I have seen the hand of the Lord so much in my life this week and am happy and proud of the progress that I have personally made in the mission.  There is nothing more satisfying than reaching one of your goals that you had for your mission.

My good friend Elder Salvatierra is improving.  This week we just had a sit down talk and it was so perfect anybody could have felt the spirit that was there.   I thank the heavens that the spirit was there because without the spirit that conversation would have turned out a lot different.

Tuesday we had our talk and that is when things started to get better.  The whole day Tuesday was about the same as always.  I studied the whole day and I have been praying this whole transfer to know what to say and when to say it.  It is really hard to have a talk like we did, and I was honestly a little scared to talk to him about it.  But I had questions come to my mind that I know were from the holy ghost.  With some of these questions he really opened up to me and ever since that day things have been getting better.  Things are not perfect but they are getting better and that is all that I need right now.  I am not wanting perfection just improvement.

Wednesday we had an appointment with the Cucharro family.  I love them - they are investigators.  They are 4 siblings.  We are not teaching the parents but the kids are really progressing.  We had a family home evening that was really fun.  When we play games, there is always a loser.  Usually I am one of the losers.  Considering that all of our games have to do with tongue twisters and that I am talking in my 2nd language that really isn't a surprise.  But it is fun.  There are a few punishments that they can choose for me to do and for some reason they really like it when I go out the door and yell  "Neighbors, my pig laid an egg!"  They really like that here, I don't even know how many times I have yelled that here in Peru, more than 15 hahahaha!!!

Thursday we had a mission conference with Elder Uceda.  He is in the 70 and is amazing.  He is one of my favorite General Authorities.  He talked with us a lot about repentance and how many people think of  repentance as something bad or like a punishment.  But he said something really cool, "Repentance is a principle of perfection,"  think about that for a few.  I just really like that phrase.  It is kind of simple but really powerful.  We have to repent to become perfect.  I don't have time to write that much about it but it was amazing.

Friday we had a really rough day. We walked a lot but we didn't teach one person, but that is the mission some days.  Some are good, some like today and others just different haha.  There is no such things as a bad day in the mission.  Just different.

Saturday the zone leaders came and had divisions with me.  We went to Calca because I had another interview for a baptism and the elders there are going to have.  That pretty much took up the whole day, an hour and a half there and the hour and a half back but what can you do.  I have no money because I have to go to Calca so much so I am one poor missionary haha.  Like there are missionaries, poor missionaries, and then there are district leaders who have to travel to interview missionaries haha!!!

Sundays are always nice to just feel the spirit real strong in your life.  I have learned to really love going to church and participation in the Sacrament.  We contacted a lady that Is SOOOOOO ready for baptism yesterday, so that is good.  We have an appointment this week so we will see how it goes!!!

That is about all for this week, if you want to hear about anything in specific throw my a question at the end of your email and I will try to get back to you!!

Love you and am praying for you too!!

Love Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment