Address

Mailing Address:
Elder Gabriel George
Peru Cusco Mission
Av. de la Cultura 2417
Frente de Urb. Santa Ursula
Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Peru

E-mail
gabriel.george@myldsmail.net



Monday, August 10, 2015

Transfers, Transfers, Transfers


August 10, 2015

Hello hello hello!!  There is something avçbout saying the same thing 3 time in a row.  I don´t know what it is but I like it haha!!!  What can you say, I am kind of a weird dude!!!

This week was good.  First off there were transfers today!!  I am staying here in Picchu with my companion.  At first I was really worried for myself when I saw that one of us didn´t have a change.  You all know that the past 6 weeks have been rough for me.  After about 5 minutes I could feel the spirit in my life and I know that this is where I need to be and he is who I need to be with for the next 6 weeks.  I don´t know the reason yet.  But there is a reason and I will press forward with faith!!!

Tuesday was AWESOME!!!  We had our multi-zone caference with president and his wife (Sometimes you gotta be a little sneaky and find pictures of the same thing on someone else's blog and just abscond with the pictures they have.  Most of these pictures come to you in that fashion.  Elder George did send a few and I will make note of those)
President and Sister Harbertson


Elder George is really in this picture! I was so excited when I
saw him sitting on the ground level clear in the back leaning
against the wall!!!
There he is again wearing his Skyline Golf  sweatshirt!!
So Beautiful!!
and with one other zone.  But this milti zone was different - it was outside!!  It was outside in our street clothes.  It was really fun.  We were put into teams and we were asked to build a box with noodles and marshmallows that could hold up 5 oranges.  I was the team leader and we finished first and our box was the strongest out of the 6 boxes!!
This is the one that he sent.  Sister Johnson on the far
left writes the blog with Elder Johnson that I stole the
other pictures from.
 That is what I am talking about.  It was probably because my team was united and we comunicated!!  That´s what's up!!!

Wednesday my canpanion was really tired from the day before and I read a lot.  I decided that I am going to read Isaiah.  It is really interesting.  If you read in 3rd Nefi, (I always smile when a little Spanish creeps in) you will see that the Savior says that the words that we need to understand are the words of Isaiah.  They contain everything that we need to know for our salvation.  The only problem is that I have been studing every day for at least an hour and haven´t even made it to the second chapter hahahaha.  You have to work for your salvation!!!!!!!!  Not easy folks to understand this book!!

Thursday we did a service project that took up the whole morning.  People here in Peru just love painting.  They don´t care if it is a really good job or not they just like it when their house is freshly painted.  They know that we work for free, so they just call up the elders, and we come, and paint their house for free.   They like free and freshly painted!!  What more could you ask for really!!!
Thank you Sister Rhoades (discovered her name from Sister
Johnson's blog) for making no-bake cookies and sharing with
Elder George!
Friday was a day for the books.  Probably the hardest that we have work this whole change.  We visited a few investigaors and had 3 lessons (that is pretty dang good for us).  We visited a new investigator named Lurdus.  She is a single mom and is really awesome.  One thing that I really like about teaching her is that she undestands what we are teaching.  Some of the lower educated people here don´t understand, but she understands, and follows through with her commitments!!

Saturday we had Stake Conference so we were in meetings all day and same with Sunday!!  But all in all is was a really good week we are finding new people and slowly, but surely, improving!!

I love you all have a great week!!

Love Elder George!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment