Address

Mailing Address:
Elder Gabriel George
Peru Cusco Mission
Av. de la Cultura 2417
Frente de Urb. Santa Ursula
Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Peru

E-mail
gabriel.george@myldsmail.net



Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Good Week and My Shy Companion

November 9, 2015

Howdy!!

Hello my family and my friends!!  This week has been the craziest week of my whole life really!!  So y'all got the news last week that I was going to be training and all the jazz!!! I had a bunch of training this week with president so that is always good!!  He is such a good man!  I really do look up to him.

So I am staying here in Picchu for 2 more changes!!  That is crazy and it means that I will stay in this place until the beginning of February almost!!  That is crazy!!!  I came here at the middle of MAY!!  I will be here almost 8 months and then I will have a change to the last sector of the mission!!  But ya, let's not talk about that because I still have a lot of time left to serve the Lord!!  Lucky me right!?!

This is crazy.  I feel like I am just getting the hang of things and now I get to train someone else to preach the gospel which is the most important message of the whole world!!  His name is Elder Leyton.   He is from LaPaz Bolivia and he is 19 years old.  He got baptized 3 years ago with his whole family.  He has one younger brother and one younger sister.  He is really, really, really, really, really, really, shy and quiet!!  That is something that is a little hard for me.  It is pretty hard to get to know him and to help him.  He is a really good guy but he just won't talk.  Not to me or in lessons - nothing!  Haha!  That is something that we are working on together!  But other than that there really is nothing to tell you guys.

This week we got a few lessons in that were just really awesome.  We started teaching someone named Juan Carlos.  The elders have taught him in the past.  His siblings are members and so that is how we know him.  He is a good kid.  He is 19 years old and a little crazy.  He likes to party and he likes the girls.  That is something that we are working on.  We taught the Restoration and it went sooooooo well.  He was crying and the spirit was just soooo strong.  I started crying when I was telling him about the first vision.  I know, not very manly, but it was just an awesome lesson!!!  He will hopefully get baptized in the coming weeks.  I will keep you posted.

I love you all and miss you a ton.  Take Care!

Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment