Address

Mailing Address:
Elder Gabriel George
Peru Cusco Mission
Av. de la Cultura 2417
Frente de Urb. Santa Ursula
Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Peru

E-mail
gabriel.george@myldsmail.net



Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Drunks and Children - - Heart Wrenching!

June 8, 2015

What a week it has been for Elder George!!  Seriously guys just wait!!!

So sometimes there is just not enough hours in the days to get everything done that you need to get done.  I am sure that you all understand that.  But really, sometimes I just need a day with like 2,934,871,234 (yes, I inserted the commas - just so I could determine the actual number) hours so that I can get everything done that I want to get done and need to get done.  Speaking of that, I haven´t even thought about what I am going to teach my little district tonight, so there is that!  If you could all send a prayer my way for my lesson I would greatly appreciate that!!;)

So here is my story for the week - prepare yourself with a box of tissues.  We were walking in the street like any normal day laughing and talking.  My comp is a short little Peruano and is scared of anything that weighs more than him.  There are a lot of fat drunks here.  We were walking down a street and were about to turn the corner when we heard someone screaming around the corner.  The very corner we needed to turn on.  We needed to walk down that street, but my companion said we better not.  I had a strong feeling that we needed to walk down that street.  I was a little scared also.  Peru is different than the United States.  But I remembered all the stories from President Monson and knew that I had to walk down that street.  As I turned that corner I saw what we had heard.  There was a big drunk was yelling at his 3 young kids.  The oldest was a little girl and she was standing in front of her two little siblings - she was probably 5 years old.  As we walked in his direction, we would have usually crossed the street, but I knew that I needed to walk up behind him.  Right as I was about 2 feet behind him he raised his hand to slap the little girl.  I don´t know what happened, but before I knew it I had his hand in mine and he was stumbling to catch his footing.  As he turned around I could smell the beer on his breath.  He just turned around and looked at me (his hand still in mine).  I quickly told the little girl to run home with her brother and sister.  She just looked up at me with her little brown eyes and said, "We don't have a home." All I could do was cry.  Tears welled up in my eyes as she looked at me and said that.  I talked to her dad, as he was quite angry with me.  The situation calmed down and we were able to go on our way.  There were some people that took care of the kids and we went on to our appointment.

I have thought a lot about that moment and am so thankful to be writing you this day  I want you all to know that as we follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost we are protected.  I am grateful for the life that I have and all the prayers in my behalf while I have been here in the mission!!

Love Elder George

No comments:

Post a Comment